NOTICE OF 2020 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
MMHN AGM 4:00pm Thursday 1st October 2020
Start: Thursday 1 October 2020 – 4:00pm
Finish: Thursday 1 October 2020 – 6:00pm
Location: Via Zoom. Link to be provided by email.
We are pleased to invite you to attend the 2nd Annual General Meeting of the Melbourne Maritime Heritage Network Ltd (MMHN).
Due to the COVID restrictions the meeting will be held electronically via Zoom on Thursday 1 October 2020, at 4:00 to 6:00pm. Reminder emails with further information will be provided closer to the date.
- Adoption of AGM Minutes
- Adoption of Annual Report
- Adoption of Annual Financial Statements
- Special Business – Amendment of the Constitution
- Re-election or Election of Directors
- Other business which may be brought forward.
- Open forum
Re-election or Election of Directors
To consider and, if deemed fit, pass the following ordinary resolutions:
“That nominations and consents to act having been received by MMHN and tabled by the Chairperson that:
- Jackie Watts, being eligible, be declared re-elected as a Director;
- Michael O’Brien being eligible, be declared re-elected as a Director;
- Ross Brewer being eligible, be declared re-elected as a Director;
- Martin Dixon being eligible, be declared elected as a Director;”
- Sue Scarfe being eligible, be declared elected as a Director, or
- if any nominations are received in excess of the position available on the board, the chairperson, for the purposes of the ballot, shall allow for voting in accordance with clause 34 by a method that is fair and reasonable in the circumstances.”
Voting by Proxy – A member may appoint a proxy and:
- the proxy does not need to be a member of MMHN
- the proxy form must be delivered to MMHN at its registered address or the address specified in the notice of the meeting, and
- the proxy form must be delivered to MMHN at least 48 hours before the meeting.
Special Resolutions: Special resolutions need to be passed by not less than 75% of the members present (in person by electronic means, by representative or by proxy) and entitled to vote.
Voting of Directors: If any nominations for the positions of new Director are in excess of three, an electronic ballot will be held. The Directors will be the persons declared as a result of this or these ballot(s) and their appointment) will take effect from the close of the meeting.
Zoom Meeting: This meeting will be conducted online via Zoom. A member can participate in the meeting by taking the following steps:
- download and install the Zoom app if you have not previously done so. This involves opening a free account. You will need to provide an email address and create a password, to be used to sign-in to the meeting;
- provide the Society firstname.lastname@example.org with your current email address. MMHN will send an email to all members for whom it has an email address inviting them to participate in the meeting;
- accept the invitation;
- a few minutes before the meeting, open your Zoom app and sign-in;
- click on the link in your email invitation to join the meeting.
If you would like to participate, but not via Zoom, you can appoint a proxy to participate on your behalf.
Reference is made to the linked documents to be read with, and as part of, this notice of meeting:
We invite you to join now
Melbourne Maritime Heritage Network
The membership form is available on https://www.mmhn.org.au/